- 300g Carême Dark Chocolate Pastry or Vanilla Bean Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 170g Kennedy & Wilson couverture chocolate 70%*
- 400ml cream
- 80g unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Good quality cocoa powder for dusting
- 150ml sherry
- 150g bunch of dried Muscatels, cut into small clusters (we recommend Tabletop Grapes)
- For the drunken muscatels, heat sherry to just below boiling point. Place muscatels in a medium bowl and pour over the sherry. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to soak overnight until muscatels have softened and plumped.
- Prepare and blind bake a 20cm round dark chocolate pastry tart shell according to instructions on inside of packet.
- Cut the chocolate chocolate into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate, add butter and whisk to combine.
- Place pre baked tart shell on a baking sheet, pour chocolate mixture into tart, fill to top . Place in refrigerator to set, allow at least 1 hour. Or if cool in kitchen can be left on kitchen bench to set, allow at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, dust with cocoa powder and garnish the centre of the tart with muscatels, plus serve extra muscatels on each plate along with a dollop of thickened cream.
*It’s important to use a minimum of 70% cocao content chocolate for the tart to set, available from gourmet food stores.